Please provide any relevant details of your health and injury history that may affect your treatment, prior to your first booking. For subsequent appointments, please inform your Practitioner if there are any changes or amendments to this information is always up to date. This will help us to tailor your treatment to your current needs, avoid unnecessary or ineffective interventions and help you perform at your best.
*i. Contraindications and Pre-Existing Conditions
You should seek medical advice for any pre-existing conditions that may be affected by massage treatment prior to booking including:
- Immunological (allergies, Aids/HIV, cancer, CFS/ME, autoimmune disease )
- Cardiovascular conditions (e.g. high/low blood pressure, heart attack, diabetes, stroke, varicose veins, fluid retention/oedema, haemophilia, phlebitis, thrombosis, inflammatory conditions, cold hands/feet)
- Respiratory conditions (e.g. asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia, pleurisy)
- Musculoskeletal conditions or prior injuries (e.g. accidental injury, recent surgery, scarring, wounds, broken skin, bruising, fractures, disc injury, ligament or muscular injury, whiplash, hernia, metal plates or pins, arthritis, osteoporosis, cartilage injury)
- Neurological conditions (e.g. trapped nerves, inflamed nerve, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, tension headaches)
- Psychological conditions (e.g. stress, anxiety, depression)
- Sleep disturbance (e.g. insomnia, daytime sleepiness)
This is not an exhaustive list and you should seek expert medical guidance if you have any concerns.
*ii. Effects of Massage
Massage is a complementary therapy. During and after massage treatment, most people experience:
- release of muscular tension
- increased energy
- sense of well-being
Some people experience
- feeling tired
- delayed muscular stiffness
- temporary nausea.
If possible, avoid eating a heavy meal up to two hours prior to your treatment. Please advise the Practitioner if you feel discomfort, for any reason, during the treatment.
*iii. Covid-19 Special Conditions
Cancellation fees will not be charged if you need to cancel or postpone your appointment due to exposure or potential exposure to the SARS-COV-2 coronavirus, or symptoms of Covid-19.
If you experience any symptoms of Covid-19 within 14 days before your appointment please let us know immediately so we can change your appointment. If you experience symptoms within 14 days after your appointment, please let us know so we can take any necessary steps for testing, isolation or contact tracing.
Please seek medical advice as soon as possible and follow latest health authority updates regarding symptoms, treatment and isolation or quarantine procedures.
We look forward to welcoming you back once you are healthy and well and we value your contribution to public health by following best practice mitigation measures.